Re: [MV] MV's and the Railroad.

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 23:18:43 PDT

I can remember a friend calling from a company in St Louis, just after the
Gulf War....he looked down from his building onto the railroad yard below
and saw a train loaded with captured eastern block equipment.

I went down to take a look, later that day...and was suprised to see
undamaged armor of all types, multiple examples in pristine condition.

Even more suprising was that the train was unguarded...hatches were
unsecured and eastern block HMGs were still mounted to the turrets of many
vehicles. There were several types of multiple AA gun mounts with guns
still in place!!!!!

What a find. Spent most of the day there with several other
lookers,,,,,,,no railroad dicks, nothing to spoil our day......and
alas...the train was gone the next morning...having moved on during the nite!

Will remember that one for a long time.

Jon