Re: [MV] Importing Military Vehicles into the U.S.

From: Jason E. Rose (m151a1@micron.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 10:37:42 PDT

Rob,

That would be great. It would open up a new market from overseas.
Unfortunately, I've heard of people trying to bring mutts in from Canada,
and they have had them impounded. I myself almost bought a Canadian m151a2,
but I checked with the State Department, and they said "no go" on bringing
it in. They said it was Significant Military Equipment. I argued they had
been out of service for 10 years, but to no avail.

Anybody else have any input on this?

Jason