Re: [MV] USS Arizona

From: Dave Reed (dave.reed@dol.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 12:55:19 PDT

Hi-
About a year or more ago the DRMO had a pile of at least 3 ot 4 of
the 16" gun barrels up for auction at Key West FL. As I remember
they were a demil item and were offered as scrap. They would
have looked good in the back yard or made into a super sized
artillery piece to tow behind my ex WW2 Caterpillar R4 dozer, but
alas 1000 miles and limited funds won out. I assume they got the
torch. Anybody know about the origin or disposition of these?
Dave Reed