A long wheelbase M211?

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 00:18:30 PDT

Has anyone ever seen a long wheelbase M211? It's like the M36 2 1/2 ton truck that was built longer
then the M35 version. The truck dealer I bought my XM220 from has got a couple of extended length
M211's and I got to give them a good lookover this evening. He said they were dropped in favor of
the M36. I was only able to get to see the data plate on one of the trucks and it had the XM211
designation with all the dimensions being correct for a standard length M211. The frame has a long
steel plate along side the outside of the frame starting from behind the cab going all the way back
to the first rear axle. Looking at the frame rail behind it I could not see any weld marks that
would give it away as an XM211 with extra material welded in to the frame to extend it. Is this a
rare version of the M135/M211 series or just a well done modification to a regular M211?

Thanks,
Bryan R.
'53 GMC XM220 2.5 Ton Shop Van
MVPA member #20324