U.S.S. Cabot CVL-28

From: EdLortz@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 20:34:25 PDT

Sorry to post another "floating" military vehicle story, but I had to send
this one. Someone, namely the Iron Woman Foundation, has finally formed what
seems to be a viable plan to save the USS Cabot, the last light carrier
afloat, in conjunction with the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
They have a short period of time to raise money, and we should support this.
Remember how the USS Enterprise was lost in the 50's. Please forward this to
anyone you might feel would support the acquisition.

Foundation Mission:
To acquire the U.S.S. Cabot CVL-28, "The Iron Woman", and restore the ship to
her World War II appearance as "a place that is perpetually 1945" and
maintain her for posterity at an appropriate venue to be used for the
following purposes: Museum, Memorial for WWII Light and Escort Carriers, and
a memorial to Ernie Pyle, who rode and wrote of the ship. (my summary of the
purposes).

For information and more details, go to http://www.ironwoman.org.

To contribute, see the website and send checks to:
National Trust for Historic Preservation
1785 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036

ATTN: Paul Edmundson, General Counsel

Make your check payable to:
National Trust for Historic Preservation
On the memo line write:
USS Cabot Fund