Re: [MV] lights anyone ??

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 20:29:06 PDT

Tom wrote:
>want two rear brake light units and one front turn light unit. not the
>composite ones, but the cast aluminum ones with the two extra screws to
>remove the main lens. this is the style that came on my 1970 m-35.

       These are also composite lights. The term "composite" refers to the
fact that they are a composite of standard tail lights and blackout lights
built into one light unit. The early ones were plastic and the later ones
were cast metal.

>and the book calls a m-757 a 'MOVER' is this an acronym? and what for?

      As a former owner of a Ford M-656 8x8 (cargo version of a M-757) I
did some digging and was unable to come up with any data that this was an
acronym. It seems to be a nickname as is the "GOER" nickname.
                   Jim

James T. Gilmore
2565 Wiethoff, Inkster Michigan 48141
313-5618826 (Voice)