WWII 3 inch gun info needed

From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 14:13:02 PDT

Hi,

My sons' school is looking for information on an artillary piece that they
have had for many years. They are interested in the history of this type of
gun and what it might be worth. Perhaps some of you learned listees can
help.

Here is the information that I got from various plates on the gun:

1) 3 inch M9A1 Rock Island Arsenal 1944 (plate on recoil mechanism)

2) Carriage Gun 3" M6 Pullman Standard 1944 (plate on carriage)

3) Gun 3" M5 Ord Dept USA 1600lbs (stamped in breach)

Thanks

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD
Department of Medicine
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
(210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu