Markings on M38A1

From: Matt (wilfreeman@InfoAve.Com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:26:45 PDT

Hi List,

   I remember a post from a while back about hood numbers/unit markings. Can
anyone explain to me how the military comes up with the hood #'s on an
M38A1? What do the markings on the front bumper and rear bumperettes mean?
Does anyone have an Ordinance manual handy that can quote this info?

   I was thinking a little bit ahead (on my project M38A1), and started
wondering what I am going use for markings - of course mine were sanded off
years before I obtained it!

   Thanks - Matt