Re: [MV] M35A2 Heater intallation help.

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:24:15 PDT

The best way I found to attach the blanket was to go to a hardware store and
buy 'door locks' ( the kind that fold over a loop, bolted to the door, and
allow you to use pad lock to secure the door). Select a locks with a loop
that will fit into the button holes on the blanket. Put the blanket on hood
and identify placement of the loops. The 'correct' way to install it is to
use wire loops but the installation kit is separate from the blanket kits.
If you are a perfectionist then you'll want to get the correct kit. I found
the lock loops are much more secure and robust than the stock wire loops.

I don't have a blanket on my current truck or I would have pictures for you.
My 54 M211 had the blankets.

Sorry if this isn't clear but it's the best I can do for now.

-=-