Re: [MV] Adjusting Sprag

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:37:15 PDT

It's really not that hard if you have the patience.

Based on my experience with my M211 it's pretty easy.

1 chock the truck so it won't move.
2 disconnect the front and rear drive shaft
3 there are two rods going into the transfer case that engage the sprag.
Have a helper put the truck in reverse and adjust the reverse rod so that
the front drive shaft coupling will be engaged to move the truck backwards
and free wheels the other way. Do the same thing with the forward
engagement rod with the truck in a forward gear.
4. reconnect the drive shafts.

I would recommend consulting the TO for precise procedures because a failure
of this mechanism can result in serious damage to the transfer case.

-=-