Re: [MV] MVPA Convention - Beltring ID

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 07:18:29 PDT

Howdy list,
    Ok, I guess it's about time I get off my fat @$$ and do something. I was
thinking of doing a design that showed a jeep flying thru a computer screen.
My idea came from the jumping jeep that Beachwood Canvas Works has
trademarked. Does anyone know of another shot of a flying jeep that is not
trademarked that I can use? (or is anyone good friends with the guys as BCW
and may be able to get permission to use their jeep) I may even be able to
use a photo and just modify it enough. The computer image is no problem
because I have a 3-d model of one that I can render in any view that I need.
    I'll make an image that looks like the jeep jumping thru a computer
screen. Then I can add the MV List title above & the URL below. I can save
this in various sizes as a .pdf file. Then people can print it out in a size
for buttons, badges, shirts or hats. Most Computer stores now stock paper
designed to be used as t-shirt iron-ons. All you would have to do is, print
out a copy of the logo onto the special paper, take a t-shirt & iron it on.
Of course you could just print it out & tape the logo somewhere on your
display too, or heck use it as a kick-me sign. =^) Find someone you don't
like & turn them into a walking billboard for the MVList.
    If we can find an appropriate image, I can work the design up this weekend
& post it either to my personal site or to the GAMVPA site. That way the
people at Beltring & the MVPA show could use it. Would this be a good idea?

Later,
Brian Mead
http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com
http://www.gamvpa.org