Re: [MV] MB found

From: Bill George (jangeo@2xtreme.net)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 11:40:27 PDT

Funny, my mom's Mustang was just hit by a Suburban that just took off.
Several witnesses got the license number which we took to DMV (since the
police and insurance company both refused to do any searching). We paid a
fee, and they gave us the name and address of the girl who hit my mom's car.
We then gave that info to the police who prosecuted the girl(hit and run is
a felony if injuries are involved). The CA DMV requires seeing your proof of
identification and will also send a letter to whoever you are looking up to
let them know who is looking them up.
Bill