Re: [MV] Mule Liscense? (two in San Diego)

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 14:16:40 PDT

> If I remember correctly, the two in San Diego had modifications to make
the
> basically street legal. Lights, roll bar and seat belts.

After crushing my left tibia (large bone below the knee) 3 yr. ago, I
discovered that roll bars and seat belts are nice to have off road too. At
the time my mule had a roll bar, but no seat belts. The roll bar is what
broke my leg. Now it has seat belts and doors. There will be no more falling
out. I'm working on a roll cage for the mule that protects driver and foot
basket for serious off road use, but can be removed for shows, parades, etc.
No drilling unwanted holes or modifications to vehicle.