Re: [MV] M880 Info. wanted

From: Mark Baxter (alleywayguns@bacavalley.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 22:27:57 PDT

 Good postings Chance I will file them away as I have learned something new
to look out for on my truck. You are correct about the Difference in wiring
for the blackout system, but the civy diagram should help with the 247
upgrade Keith was needing.
 As for the wiring on the ammeter, this is truly a night mare I was junk
from the factory and is still junk that will kill the truck when it goes
out. I was told that the Army authorized a bypass of the Amp gauge,by
installing a Stewart-Warner gauge to the left of the original Amp Gauge
hole, in the side of the dash that is a bare panel. I did this trick and it
works great. Original Dodge Gauges are expensive and will still fail. I have
seen many that melted the dash when they fried and could even start a fire.
Thanks Mark M-886 in New Mexico