Re: [MV] Sprag problem

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 09:06:31 PDT

--- DaveCole <davidcole@tk7.net> wrote:
> Good point, since once the wheels are spinning, you
> have no traction, or
> at least very little at the rear axles. Who thought
> up this system?
> The more I think of it the more stupid it seems.
+++++++++
Ok, picture this:

You're the army. You've got to get people and
equipment to any point on the map. You've got a bunch
of high school kids to do it with. Some came from the
city and haven't ever driven anything, some are farm
kids that have these trucks in their backyard, and
there is everyone else in between. Some can take the
trucks apart and put them back together again with no
teaching, some can't put fuel in the right hole.

What kind of truck are you going to design?

ANYTHING AUTOMATIC IS GOOD!!

Later you can give certain trucks to certain people
according to their abilities.

But then you have to consider where the weight is on
the truck. With it empty the front axle is heaviest
and gives the best traction, the rears are usually
spinning. But with it loaded the front is less useful
than the rears, its just helpful to have it pulling
and not making another load.

Joe