Re: [MV] Kristi

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 00:13:56 PDT

It sounds sort of like what I saw. I will try to get photos. Not sure if it
was for sale. If anyone
is interested, it is in Sedalia, Colorado in some guy's yard.

Rob

<<
 Crismon's Tracked Vehicles lists a Kristi KT-4 circa 1964, here's their
 write-up:

 It was referred to as a commercial counterpart of the M116, in that it was
 for arctic operations, and could run in other difficult terrain as well.
 Costing around $8000, the KT-4 was powered by a chevrolet corvair engine,
 developing 80 hp @ 4,400 rpm. A controlled differential with "selective
 braking" was used, as was a clark 4-speed transmission. It was 11'6" long,
 6'6" wide, and 4'6" high at the cowl, nearly 7' at the roof. Weighing 3,080
 pounds net, it could carry a 2,000 pound payload. The track was made of
 rubber belts joined by straight grousers. The ground pressure was a low .85
 psi. The KT-4 could reach 25 mph on land, 5 in the water, and had a range
 of 150 miles.

 There's a picture too, 4 rubber tired road wheels per side, front sprocket,
 winch.

 Does this sound like what you saw? (and of course - was it for sale?)

 Russell Hill
 M29's, M211's, M274's, TD-18 and various trailers.... >>