Re: [MV] Re(2): [MV] 1941 Dodge truck on Yahoo

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 18:33:46 PDT

I suspect that it was a cckw that was cut down. I have seen a few like that.
They have the cckw serial number on the frame. I understand that Memphis
Equipment did some of these.

The ones I have seen are identical to a 1.5 ton Chevy except for the 5 speed
and GMC 270 engine; Chevy gas tank, Chevy rear end and spring perches.

The engine in the cckw sits about 1.5" lower than that of the 1.5 ton Chevy.
If you try to put the Clark 5 speed into a Chevy, you will not be able to
operate the gas pedal. The clark is higher, hence the engine sitting lower
in the GMC.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (and Cheby's too)