Re: [MV] beltring - I Gotta Ask

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 23:11:27 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <G740@aol.com>
To: "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2000 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] beltring - I Gotta Ask

> On Friday, there were 42 tanks that were running and driving. Including a
M3
> Stuart with the radial engine. A true rarity. You should have seen the
18
> ton German Half track running around. Now that thing was impressive. I
took
> lots of photos, will try to post them on the website soon.

Not to mention Carl Brown's running M4A4 Multibank powered Sherman which I
had the pleasure to assist straining on the idler adjusting wrench (they're
still a bit slack) and have my head inside the engine compartment - running.

The 18T Famo owner does also have restored as new German armour and had
promised several things including his Panther but ultimately didn't bother
to bring it.

The original question was "what is Beltring ?" and this is almost
unanswerable briefly, suffice to say walking the lines of vehicles is a two
day job at least without stopping to chat and its not a selection of jeeps,
jimmies and Dodges. . . . . . . . . . . I'd guess well over 3000 MVs but
Nigel probably has a more accurate figure and of course any number of MV
list people in person, Hi John.

Don't take our word for it, you need to be there.

Richard
Southampton - England