M37engine problem

From: RHeine1039@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 10:36:56 PDT

Hi list and thank you in advance. My problem is that I replaced the rod
bearing, rings and pistons (0.20 over). Now after 25 miles a large noise has
developed in the engine. I change the oil and filter, noise is still present.
I have now pulled a rod bearing out and it has a line scored into it just
inside both edges. The bearing is a Clerite 77 #CB60 G. I pulled a main
bearing to check it was all right. Its # is FM 91875B. The engine I thought
was a 230c so thats the parts I bought for it. Any Ideas or help is
appreciated. Thank you Russell