Re: [MV] HMMWV PS pump pulley removal?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 19:36:02 PDT

Thanks for all of the advice, folks. If I can't find Just the Right
Bolt in my garage to re-install the pulley, then I'll drop by Pep Boys
tomorow and either get the puller/installer kit or buy Just the Right
Bolt.

Yeah, I know, but Pep Boys is the only auto parts store near my house.
Grumble. :-)

I'm not surprised the pump was leaking... all of the seals were hard
and deformed, and the two O-rings that seal the pump chamber were so
far gone that they broke into pieces when I removed them. The magnet
had a full head of hair, too, but the metal parts looked OK to me. It
seemed to be working OK aside from its bladder control problem, so I
figure it'll be just fine once I get it all put back together. The
O-rings on the high-pressure hose looked real bad, so I guess I might
as well pull off the other high-pressure hoses and replace their
O-rings, too, as long as I have to bleed the hydraulics anyway.

The seals kit was pretty cheap, but a lot of labor was involved. It's
a good thing that I don't pay myself very well. :-)

Gotta love a truck that uses a mixture of inch and metric hardware on
the same part!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/