Re: [MV] Gear oil ?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 14:49:25 PDT

"Mark Reid" <somemedic@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Also does anyone have a source for the rumored "gear lube
> >injector-filler device" my local Farm-N-Fleet and auto stores gave me
> >the Sgt Schultz on this one.

I got a gizmo at Pep Boys for pumping oil and fluids into inconvenient
places. It made it pretty easy to replace the ATF in my transfer case.
It's made like the hand pumps on the tops of those 1-gallon ketchup
bottles at restaurants or concessions stands, or on Orange Gojo
bottles, but it has a plastic hose with a nozzle that can clip into an
oil filler hole. It screwed right onto the top of a 1-gallon ATF jug,
and I imagine it would work on a plastic gear oil jug, too.

I haven't seen them elsewhere, but I haven't looked, either. I hope
that helps!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/