Re: [MV] Helmet Markings

From: Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 18:26:19 PDT

Hello Deryk,

Afraid I can't help you with info on helmet markings. But if you're "looking for
something a bit unusual", may I suggest the Tenth Constabulary Regiment. They
were the MP force charged with law enforcement in the American sector of Germany
immediately after the war ended.

Their vehicle markings were very distinctive. As I recall (my magazine stash is
not close to the computer, unfortunately) they consisted of one or two white or
yellow stripes (all the pix I've seen are black and white) around the
circumference of the vehicle with a star centered in front, back and each side.
There have been several photos in recent Military Vehicle Magazines and an
article on the unit in Army Motors a while back. I could hunt up the correct
references if you'd like.

Maybe some other list members can provide additional information.

Have fun!

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com