Re: [MV] M816 5 Ton shutdown

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2000 - 18:36:33 PDT

Cummins engines AKA the older ones not electronically controlled have a
manual bypass a driver can use in the event of electrical problems. Look at
the shutdown valve and you should see a manually operated screw attached to
it. Back the screw out counterclockwise to check and see if someone didn't
turn it all the way in, all the way in opens the fuel valve so you have to
shut the engine down by stalling it if you are unaware of it and it can
create the "no shutdown symptoms" you are having. If the screw turns out
counterclockwise easily continue to turn it until it stops. Then start it ,
if it will function correctly and see if it will shutdown electrically. Best
of luck and kindly report back to the list what you found if anything.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM