Questions about MB battery and nut

From: Vittorio Argento (vargento@lcnet.it)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 14:59:35 PDT

Hi from Italy. First question (the more urgent): which are the correct
dimensions of the battery? I've an european 6V unit. It fits perfectly
in the frame hold in place by the two studs with "butterfly nut". Five
years ago I got a good replica of a Willard: the 3 elements are like the
european one, but the case of the battery is smaller (to be precise is
less thick) and so the frame is a little bigger (too long, about one
inch). The european battery seems to be perfect, but the Willard is like
the original. What is wrong?

Second question: who knows the thread of the nut of the hand-operated
windshield wiper? I couldn't find it even in the Usa!

Thanks in advance

Vittorio Argento
1943 MB
MVPA - Italian Chapter