Re: [MV] We should be watching this.

From: John Bowen (oreuc@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 04:52:20 PDT

>... section 361 of subtitle G of title III has been deleted in the >Senate
>S2550 version of the bill. However the house has refused to >agree to the
>Senate amendments and the whole thing is going into a >conference committee
>now. This is where it will get dangerous.

I think the real danger is long since past with the government's
establishment of demilatarization policies for certain vehicles/material.
While I hope that section 361 doesn't reappear out of conference, the
lawmakers are simply saying we are going to enforce what we have previously
decreed.

What may prove interesting, if this passes, is the fate of replica vehicles
such as something like the 'Carolina Growler' where the primary body
structure is not military surplus. Will the 'A-arm' police seize your
suspension??

J. D.
'43 MB
'67 M715