Re: [MV] Questions about MB battery and nut

From: Vittorio Argento (vargento@lcnet.it)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 08:12:30 PDT

Dear Charlie. Thanks for your reply: useful but adding new questions. I'll try
to summarize the situation.
1 - On my MB I placed an Italian battery 10 years ago. The dimensions are the
same as yours (263x172 etc) and the clamp fits perfectly.
2 - 5 years ago I bought a good replica of a Willard battery (supposed to be
exactly like the original). The case is a little smaller (230x170x198). The
clamp is obviously longer and - like you did - I had to cut and solder (I made
this on a replica).
3 - From your e-mail, it seems that there is a third kind of clamp, bigger than
mine (the original of the Italian battery) and - consequently - than the
Willard one.
At this point, how many kinds of different batteries exist? Is my Willard MB
original or made for some other vintage model? It seems to me the size of your
battery is correct considering that my clamp is OK. But if I'm right, what
about the Willard? I'm in a mess..

Thanks again
Vittorio