Re: [MV] Legislative review committee

From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 09:40:11 PDT

Necessity is the motherhood of invention........

I belong to PORAC, which a cop organization here in Notsodemocratic
Kaliforni.
We have a very strong, proactive legislative committee that reviews
legislation and throws its weight around as needed to create legislation
relevant to us.

Most big organizations have some sort of legislative representation or
review. At the very least big clubs have something in their organization
that would clue them in ASAP to changes that could endanger their clubs
activities or even their clubs existence.

Maybe the MVPA should think about adding such a committee/s? I think it's
becoming a very necessary thing. We are under a stealthy, concerted assault
every day by folks who really don't understand what the MVPA is, let alone
have any regard for the fantastic old mil-vehs going to the coral reefs.

We need to counter that. It's time we bring the fight out into the open and
get some honesty going. We need to education and convert those enemies into
allies, whenever and wherever we can....we need to lobby for the future and
do whatever it takes for more reasons than I have the time to list.

Would a legislative review committee help? You bet, it's a start!

I know politics is not the area a lot of us silent majority types care to
even think about, but it might be something we need to think about.

Jack Lee