Nuts Behind The Wheel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 16:40:00 PDT

Way off topic here, but Jack Lee started it!
To my way of thinking, no amount of reasonable action can change the way
MOST
people view their transportation. They are things to be hated with a
vengeance should ANYTHING go wrong! No one looks at the owner's manual
(what's a timing belt?), no one
pays attention to the dash warning lights (that
check engine light has been on since I bought it
new!) NO ONE MAINTAINS NOTHIN'!!!!
Trying to elbow our way into Mr. Consumer's
psyche when Mr. Consumer never really learned to read and write, never
mind take care
of a child, is expecting WAAAAAY too much!
My conclusion, therefore, is to hold MOST vehicle drivers in a humorous
kind of contempt.
Their emergencies, therefore, ARE NOT MY
EMERGENCIES!, for example.
Don't EVEN get me started on smog check!
Don Kenyon ASE Certified Master Mechanic,
L-1, CA "EA" Smog Technician