How Come The MVPA...

From: Thomas Gould (ARMOR-1@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 07:13:00 PDT

On Aug. 4th. at 12:41 AM, Tim Clark wrote...

<< How come the MVPA isn't jumping in on this? >>

The MVPA has a long standing policy of political non-involvement.

Up to this point, I would have to say I feel it was a correct and very
wise policy.

"Stay friends with everyone"

However. Should this policy remain when now, the very life and purpose
of the club itself is being threatened with potential destruction???

Make no mistake. The U.S. is NOT occupied with Vietnam, the Soviet
Union, etc., etc. anymore. Furthermore, the armed forces are downsized
to the smallest number in 50 years. All these wars and enemys required
(past tense) varying degrees of attention (manpower) from C.I.D.,
F.B.I., A.T.F., State Department, Etc. (see "therefore" below)

Do you think all of the Military and Government regulatory and
enforcement agencies (therefore) now have extra time (alot), extra
manpower (really alot) and extra funding (really really alot) on their
hands???

Do you think showboating the seizure of "Military Equipment" for the
news media to twist around and hype up would make good press for them???

Tom