Call his office.

From: Steve McGinnis (slmcginnis@idatech.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 05:23:49 PDT

Good morning list. After reading through the full language contained in this
bill on the congressional web page I immediately called the NRA. This bill
gives the DOD the capacity to confiscate or require demil of anything the
DOD ever owned. This includes all firearms, Springfield's, Enfield's,
1911's, M1's , magazines, clips or even WW2 ammunition. Not to mention our
vehicles or vehicle parts. The NRA knew nothing about this bill. They have
assured me that they will follow through with investigating it and fight it
if it comes up again. Senator Floyd Spence's phone number is 202-225-2452. I
intend to call his office and let them know what I think.