Re: [MV] HR4205 / ex posto facto

From: Damon Gentile (damonfg@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 07:28:06 PDT

I was afraid that these could get dragged along
in some stupid political battle. Not to get into
the current administration but I certainly do
agree that it is a prime example of being
"mamby-pamby".

Not to start a debate but I think that I would
really hold on to my MV. I've got enough
space out here to hide a HEMMT... Would miss
being able to drive it openly though. Would
suck only being able to drive it when sneaking
into an army convoy :)

So when will they come knocking for my first
item of surpluss, the sweet M1 garand that I got ??
I'm assuming those are "SME" as they are not
importable any more also.

Is there a definitive list of SME ? Or, as
I assume, this is a magical list at the
discression of a single person (who presumably
has no knowledge).

Since they banned the street sweepers and all
based on their "look", do you think they would
bother with, oh idunno... a M54 converted into
an ice-cream truck ?

Blarg.
-Damon