Re: [MV] USS Constitution & Demil orders

From: Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 10:41:46 PDT

While this is a clever satire, it founders (pun intended) on the rock of a
technicality: Constitution remains a COMMISSIONED warship in the USN and is
therefore not subject to demil. Now, Constellation, OTHOH . . . .

Lest anyone moan about the silliness, however, I will point out that the USS
New Jersey was hacked up nearly this thoroughly before she was allowed to
become a museum ship.

Steve Allen