Re: [MV] How Come The MVPA...

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 19:05:11 PDT

>Do you think all of the Military and Government regulatory and
>enforcement agencies (therefore) now have extra time (alot), extra
>manpower (really alot) and extra funding (really really alot) on their
>hands???

The argument that one should not worry about some new law because they won't
be enforcing it is very dangerious. The fact is that it's (or in this case
it might be) on the books and it shouldn't be. I don't want to be the one
that some future enforcement action takes aim at, do you?

>Do you think showboating the seizure of "Military Equipment" for the
>news media to twist around and hype up would make good press for them???

Well, they can do that (and probably will) and it will go to court and end
up, hopefully, at the supreme court and they can decide the contitutionality
of all this. Problem is that I can't afford to take it that far and there
isn't any special interest group that's going to help out that I can think of.

Talking to the NRA was an outstanding idea whoever did that. I'll take a
stab at talking to Larry Pratt at the GOA also. Power like that may kill
this before it gets any further.

je