Re: [MV] Politics - Issues relevant to MVs

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 12:43:28 PDT

Guys, don't sweat it. There will ALWAYS be people who don't get the message until
it's too late.

As military folk, it's always been our job to protect them from themselves in
that regard; we do our thing, and nobody notices until their own welfare is at
stake - then they love us. At the end of it all, we're second class citizens
again. This is just the way it is. To hell with them - it's our job, we accept
it, and it's not worth getting upset over.

Even those of you who have never been in the service, but spend the majority or
your time remembering our vets through your restorations etc, don't sweat the odd
one who still thinks the world is flat. You know better. Just keep on doing what
you're doing, and keep on harping at your political reps - it's the only way to
keep some degree of sanity in this crazy world.

You Yanks - keep on at it. The legislative rumbles I've read here lately (on this
list) are far worse than anywhere else in the free world, and despite your past
contempt for issues like gun control, etc in other nations, if they legislate
themselves the power to take your vehicles and equipment, you've lost - even
rights-restrictive societies like those of Canada and the U.K. will have one up
on you. Ignore these guys and stand up for yourselves.

My two cents.

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TankNet Military Forums http://www.tanknet.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~