Re: [MV] Polarization

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 01:10:44 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calvin Rollins" <crrphr@webtv.net>
To: "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 7:16 PM
Subject: [MV] Polarization

> I have a few questions to the list. What is the result of not polarizing
> a new generator. Will it charge? Will it charge at full capacity? Can it
> be polarized after being run? Any incite on this subject will be
> appreciated. Thank you. Calvin Rollins

Translating the term "generator" to mean a dynamo as opposed to an
alternator then there are three chances.
1. It does nothing.
2. It tries to charge "backwards" at its full regulated rate until it has
discharged the battery and then destroys it.
3. It works as it should.

Richard
Southampton - England