Re: [MV] Good Canadian Shipping Company

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 01:35:45 PDT

Sean Spencer, up in the NWT, bought a Stalwart but couldn't find good
shipping for almost exactly this route (I'm assuming the DUKW is in Europe)

Vancouver couldn't handle Ro-Ro, which would be essential as both a DUKW
and a Stalwart are too big to go in a container. It would be easy enough
to ship in into the NW US and then up, but of course if the US Customs
have their underwear in a twist about lend lease stuff and form 6 etc you
may lose it. The alternatives would sem to be an individaul cargo
shipment to Vancouver as a special (expensive) or shipping it to the east
coast of Canada and then across, which would be expensive as well. I'm not
anticipating any real problems when I finally pay Sean for his Allis
Chalmers snow tractor, as it will just go in a container and out of
Vancouver.

Gordon