Re: [MV] Right vs. Choice

From: Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 20:14:04 PDT

Don, you couldn't t have said it better nor more emphatically. I
am 60 y/o, I ride motorcycles, scooters, anything with 2 wheels
and a motor since I am 15... For the last 22 years or so I have
confined my riding to old Military Harleys, and I ride
conservatively due to their poor braking and stiff ride, plus I
don't want to look
at an engine rebuild every other outing... I confess I
occasionally ride "sans"
 helmet or with a US WWII tankers helmet
for looks during "D-Day bashes" weeks (Zero Protection outside
of a Tank hull!), but whenever I do, I am VERY conscious of the
risk of putting my family and employees in that GREAT BIG
UNFILLABLE HOLE you are talking about... I use an open-face
helmet 99% of the time, and I see and hear on-coming traffic
fine. If I have to die in a biking accident, I bet it will be
the day I won't be wearing a lid...
Antoine
Sherman Oaks, California
http://www.freehomepages.com/antoine
http://www.powow.com/harley42xa (Web site for the XA List)
"XA List")

Harley-Davidson 42 WLA (in Normandy)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA (in Normandy)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA (in California)
Harley-Davidson 42 XA (project, in California)
MVPA #14803, MVCG France