HR 4205 ...what equipment?

From: Greg (czechsix@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 23:24:39 PDT

Well, after doing a bit of a search as to what types of specific equipment
this bill would affect, I came upon a page that gave a pretty good break
down.

I'm paraphrasing this - those of you that would like to see the complete
list (it's pretty long - read it and weep) go here
http://www.ciponline.org/facts/munilist.htm

To continue, these are some of the items that would fall under HR4205:

Category VII --Tanks and Military Vehicles

*(a) Military type armed or armored vehicles, military railway trains,, and
vehicles specifically designed or modified to accommodate mountings for arms
or other specialized military equipment or fitted with such items.

*(b) Military tanks, combat engineer vehicles, half-tracks and gun carriers.

*(c) Self-propelled guns and howitzers. (d) Military trucks, trailers,
hoists, and skids specifically designed, modified, or equipped to mount or
carry weapons of Categories I, II and IV or for carrying and handling the
articles in paragraph (a) of Categories III and IV.

*(e) Military recovery vehicles.

*(f) Amphibious vehicles. (See § 121.4 )

*(g) Engines specifically designed or modified for the vehicles in
paragraphs (a), (b), (c), and (f) of this category.

(h) All specifically designed or modified components and pans, accessories,
attachments, and associated equipment for the articles in this category,
including but not limited to military bridging and deep water fording kits.

(i) Technical data (as defined in § 120.21 of this subchapter) and defense
services (as defined in § 120.8 of this subchapter) directly related to the
defense articles enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (h) of this category.
(See § 125.4 of this subchapter for exemptions.) Technical data directly
related to the manufacture or production of any defense articles enumerated
elsewhere in this category that are designated as Significant Military
Equipment (SME) shall itself be designated SME.
*(5) Command, control and communications systems to include radios
(transceivers), navigation, and identification equipment

And here's this great little subsection - I love the way they do these
things! Check this out -

(a) Any article not specifically enumerated in the other categories of the
U.S. Munitions List which has substantial military applicability and which
has been specifically designed or modified' for military purposes. The
decision on whether any article may be included in this category shall be
made by the Director of the Office of Defense Trade Controls.

Ok, so there we go. That about covers everything that has anything to do
with military vehicles. This bill passes, we're in trouble.

Regards,
Greg
Vista,CA
Unimog S