Re: [MV] M35. Painting. Best place to buy paint?

From: richard burrell (miltrkr@concentric.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 21:32:34 PDT

hi les & list
i just got through painting my M35A2 nato "383" green i plan to camo it
this fall after all the events i'm scheduled with i went after a more
motor pool paint job good but not perfect but i decided to strip two of
the three paint jobs off due to peeling and cracking also one paint job
was in typical army fashion HAND PAINTED with brush! so i removed all
down to the original OD then prime and painted from there also there was
a little rust in the usual places on the bed (no rust on the cab) so
they had to be sandblasted and some minor body work had to be done on
the fenders and tailgate. i still have to do the inside of the cab and
inside the bed so i'll be doing that as the month progresses ok with
all of that said here's a break down of my costs
1 qt. body filler $6.59
1 can flat blk paint $4.59 (for lettering)
3 gals aervoe 34094 green paint (bought four for $100.00)
1 gal aervoe red oxide primer $24.00
4 cans red oxide spray paint $17.29 (for various small parts and hard to
reach areas)
1 qt 2 part metal etching primer (for the hood had to go to bare metal
due to bad paint) free
from
a friend
6 cans aervoe 34094 spray paint $15.00 (for misc. small parts and touch
up and hard to reach areas)
6 bags 30 grit sand $13.74
50 sheets of assorted sandpaper $39.50
5 qts paint stripper $38.95
there is probably some things missing but you can get an idea remember
this is not a first class job just will pass the 5 foot rule and i
assure you looks better than any motorpool job i've seen done i will be
posting pictures of my truck soon
Rich Burrell
MVPA #20227
MVCC