Re: [MV] tool trailer

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 01:13:58 PDT

Aug 8 2000

Hi from Italy!
Just my 0.002 Euro contribution! There was one for sale last July (1999)
for $ 1.250.oo from a dealer in the U.S. It has long been sold, because
it is no longer in his website. I am not sure if it is the same
pioneer/tool trailer as yours, because the dealer advertised it as a 3/4
ton trailer. However, consider that a M416 MUTT trailer is sold between $
500 and $ 800, depending on condition... I am in Italy and we do not have
all those "goodies" available for sale... but for $ 600.00 I would buy it
(even if I do not have a suitable mil-veh to tow it!). Really it would
look GREAT behind your CUCV. Try to fill it with the appropriate tools,
fire extinguisher and, why not!, the missing generator!!!
I agree with Russ Barrow, buy it (of course, try to get e lower price, if
at all possible!). Russ will be a great source of info, as he says that he
had it in his platoon!

Again, just my 0,002 Euro contribution...

If you buy it, let us know! Of course, pictures will be very much
appreciated!!!

Regards and
O.D. is much better!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. & I.M.P.S.

>At 23.29 07/08/00 EDT, CHRIS wrote:
>>Hi Listers,
>>I had an offer today from a guy who wanted to sell me his M116 trailer. It
>>is the maintanence version which looks like a mini covered wagon. It is
all
>>steel and has sides which lift up on hinges and stay up. There is a center
>>partition which has all kind of mounts and hangers for tools and
>>accessories. There are also reels on either side for extension cords. It
>>has two mini ambulance style doors which open out the back too. There are
>>also mounts on the floor for a generator or an air compressor. Do you guys
>>have any idea what the trailer is worth? I think he wants around $600 for
>>it. New tires, no rust holes. Any help would be great. I think it
would look great behind my CUCV. Thanks.