Re: [MV] US Munitions List

From: t.glance@att.net
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 14:06:18 PDT

Let's not forget that the bill says that it applies to
items both on the SME list AND the DRMO DEMIL list, past
or present. The DRMO demil list is determined at the
whim of government bureaucrats and could easily be
expanded to include anything they wanted to have on it.
I have seen bayonets cut in half with a torch in the
name of DEMILing them, and technically any piece of
clothing with a patch or other insignia(including
buttons) on it is supposed to be DEMILed. Kinda like
when Congress banned armor piercing pistol ammo, and the
ATF classified .308 and 7.62x39 as pistol rounds shortly
afterward cutting off the supply of cheap steel core
surplus ammo. Give the bureaucrats a little power and
they will expand it as much as possible, regardless of
what the original intent was. One day your M-416 trailer
is fine, and the next day some idiot decides it should
be added to the DEMIL list. The week after that they may
decide your steel pot, then the next week your BDU's.
And can you prove that that CJ-2 never belonged to the
government? They bought some you know.

Almost makes we wanna go out and buy a Ferret so they
couldn't take it and I could run them down when they
come for the rest.....

Tim Glance
Clyde, NC