Re: [MV] MVPA--The Organization Some Love to Hate (Very Long)

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:56:21 PDT

I completely agree with Jim Rice. This list is NOT a part of the MVPA, and
they are not required to monitor or respond to any information on it. It is
however; apparently, one of the best (and fastest) means of communications
between like minded people in the hobby of collecting and restoring
historical military vehicles. It would be better if the MVPA could monitor
this forum, but I guess there's probably a dozen or more forums similar to
this and it would be difficult for any organization to keep tabs on all the
different bulleting boards and lists that concern military vehicles.

The best thing, as Jim says, is to join the MVPA if you are not already a
member; then make your feeling and interest known to them. I have had recent
dealings with them, concerning the recent visit to Alabama by the Belgians;
and have always found them helpful and cooperative, including Mr. Holland and
all the staff. If you don't like the way it's being run - join and work for
change from within.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama
17 military vehicles - President Dixie Division MV Club - an MVPA Affiliate
Life NRA - Past President of Alabama Gun Collectors Assoc.
has been Private Pilot