Re: [MV] MVPA--The Organization Some Love to Hate (Very Long)

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 19:27:37 PDT

> I haven't seen anyone bemoaning the fact the Military Vehicle Magazine
> editors/owners/etc haven't done anything in regards to this issue. Seems
> that Krause publications (new owners of MV Mag), a seemingly large business,
> hasn't been heard on this issue. They have an interest as banning of
> military vehicles would negate the need for their Military Vehicle Magazine.
> Banning of anything formerly military would sure put a crimp in their
> Military Trader publication too. Yet, they aren't on our list and
> campaigning. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything, does
> it. I am sure Mr Krause is very interested since he owns military vehicles
> himself. He might even have the financial and political clout to do
> something too.

Jim,
    Since MV Mag subscribes to the MVList & publish a column in their magazine
which details the goings ons on the list, I'm sure they'll know about it by next
month, if by then it'll do any good!
    BTW, if you're on the list & don't get MV Mag, you may have missed getting
to see your name & quote in print! It's actually a fairly good column where
they review a threat & then make their own comments. I just wish the
contributed to the thread instead of just writing about it months later.

Oh well, at least we're benefiting the hobby.

Later,
Brian