Re: [MV] Beltring pics/not/so/good/ observation.

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 06:05:27 PDT

At 05.27 08/08/00 +0700, GAVIN wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>Well, I have had a good browse of the Beltring pics that have been posted
>and it seems to me that if it wasn't built for World War Two, then it
>obviously wasn't at the show was it?
>
>Hmmph....,
>Gav.

Aug 9 2000

Gavin
First, let me say that I missed you (I was at Beltring the day before, on
the 18 up to the 23!), or you missed me, if you wish!

O.K.! The majority of vehicles were WWII, of course, but you missed the
Italian Autocarretta O.M. M36 4-wheel steering of the Regio Esercito (Royal
Italian Army, well before WWII), just next the Maple
Leaf/Polsten/Kettenkrad campsite. If you have not noticed it, it is
similar to the Nash 1917 one (see the cover of last issue of SUPPLY LINE).
There was also a 3-wheel MotoGuzzi Trialce, 3x2, with a Breda machinegun on
the back (same British owner of the O.M.).
Also, a ALFA ROMEO "La Matta" jeep, post WWII, used by the Italian Army,
Carabinieri and Police (for sale).
Also many, many Land Rovers... and Vietnam era mil-veh...
Well, WWII was very well represented, but there were also a lot of post
WWII historical mil-veh.
I am still cataloguing my 200 or more Beltring pictures.
Regards,
Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878 & I.M.P.S. 2320

(Need for presents or collection decorative ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please, check here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it)