Avis Saracen Mk 6 APC Engine Performanance Question

From: Jim Orsillo (orsillo@orthstar.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:59:31 PDT

Hi fellow readers of the mil-veh list:

I am looking for input on improving the performance of a B80 petrol Rolls
Royce engine.
I have a 1970 Avis Saracen Mk6 APC with only 900+ miles logged. It runs a
little hot and I am wondering what I can do to improve its performance. As
of this date, we have flushed the radiator, put on new hoses and belts, and
added a new thermostat.

I would appreciate any suggestions that the mil-veh readers may have. It is
licensed and I do drive it on the road at lease once a week. It is driven
at 35 mph and 3000 rpm as a max setting. Any assistance that can be provide
will be greatly appreciated.

Regards .... Jim in Upstate NY