Re: [MV] Flashing lights for MV safety, general issue

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 11:07:22 PDT

"Everett Doyle" <194cbteng@pchnet.com> wrote:
> here in cotton country all the parts stores cary a battery operated strobe
> light that is made to be attached to cotton trailers that have no lights at
> all -- have both mag. base and clips - just another idea

Hmm, that makes me think of those downed-pilot (or are they for life
rafts?) hand-held battery-powered strobes that I've seen in surplus
shops. Maybe one or two of those, with some sort of amber filters over
the lamp, could be attached to the vehicle with magnets or straps.
They're actual military gear, and if you belt them on with some 1" OD
web straps, who's to say nobody in the military ever did the same
thing to their trucks for some special purpose?

Just another idea, for variety... please shoot it full of holes if
it's a bad one. :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/