RE: [MV] Flashing warning lights

From: Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 19:22:12 PDT

This is a very good point. In Washington State the use of flashing yellow
lights is allowed under the vehicle code (Title 47.37, equipment) for
vehicles of an unusual size or when traveling and extra care is required of
other drivers. This includes the speed differential between, for example, my
Ferret at 45 or 50 mph and traffic on a 70 mph freeway (Interstate 5).

Other states may not take such an enlightened view of auxillary lighting, so
a check of the vehicle code would be in order - look under "equipment"
and/or "lighting".

Ian Wallace, Seattle, WA
MVPA #20862
1960 Ferret Mk 2/3