Re: [MV] Flashing warning lights

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@lynx.bc.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 08:56:14 PDT

At 02:25 PM 8/12/00 -0700, Bill George wrote:
>While flashing warning lights in my opinion are a great idea, remember to
>check your states motor vehicle laws regarding flashing lights of any color.
>Many states prohibit warning lights on non emergency vehicles whether they
>add to everyones safety or not.
>Bill

By way of illustration, the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act allows the use
of the flashing yellow light, whether rotating or strobe, only on
vehicles which represent a stationary road-hazard such as
a tow-truck picking up a disabled vehicle, or a highways crew
off on the shoulder. Reality is a bit different, however, as slow
moving public service vehicles and private tow companies tend
to use the flashing yellow on the move regardless.

Andy Hill
Vancouver, B.C.
MVPA #9211