Why not better lighting?

From: Janet Blohm (barjanin@eagle.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 14:24:13 PDT

I agree with Tim Smith. Why not put on better
lighting! When you see the Jimmy's in Holland with
their huge reflectors on the mudflaps to conform
to current standards and their military style add on
signal lights, you sort of think " hey ,this looks okay
and everyone is doing it". Look at what some of the
 hot rodders are doing with the vacuum operated lights
that automatically swing up out of the way when the engine
is not running. I have been stopped here in Canada twice
for using a flashing light at night on my tow truck. Both times
I was exceeding the limit a little and thought that was
why I was being pulled over. Both times the cops said
turn out your light you are causing a visual distraction
and I had plenty of other lighting. As Tim indicated
some of the new lighting is very small and very bright.
How about mounting them in an old housing? Maybe
would save being stoved by an eighteen wheeler. As my
Daddy used to say " you can have your rights but you can
also be DEAD right ". Just my .02 US .
Barry Churcher