Re: [MV] Floor Mats, bed mat for Big Mike

From: Mike Towers (mtowers@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 19:50:37 PDT

Good luck on the floor mats--maybe garden variety door mats made from
recycled tires from Wal Mart. Not fancy, but pretty near industructable.

However, I DO have a solution for a bed mat. Down here in South Texas, every
time one of the big material handling plants (sand, gravel, cement, etc.)
changes out the conveyor belts, you have an opportunity to cut out a big
piece to fit the bed of a standard P/U. The width is right--just cut out for
the wheel wells. So....I don't know why this wouldn't work for a duece. The
conveyors cum mats are VERY heavy in p/u sizes, but will last forever. You
will probably need a hoist or a bunch of friends and a BUNCH of beer to do
it by hand. BTW: a recip saw with a hacksaw blade cuts the material pretty
well. It's kind of like wide, flat, tire material, only smooth--no tread.

Good Luck

Mike T.
M35A2C